Monday, November 10, 2008

Oh! The Conclusions I Come To...

Our ladies Bible study comes to an end this week (*sob) and I was challenged to make a "Fall Dessert" for our last get-together.

15 people had already signed up to make "apple-this" and "apple-that" so I decided that I'd pick something in the "other" category and make something chocolate-y.

(Chocolate is a multi-seasonal treat I think)

I'm test driving a recipe for Buck-eyes (like a homemade Reese's cup) and have come to the conclusion everything tastes better dipped in chocolate.

So far I've dipped:
pretzels
chips
bread
strawberries
apples
the buck eye peanut butter ball thingy's
my spoon
my finger
cheerios
Things I'm thinking about dipping:
cheese
turkey
my plate
my face
my cell phone
the computer mouse
my ______ (fill in the blank)
and my babies

{I bet nothing would be more delicious than a chocolate covered baby-metaphorically speaking of course}
Any ideas while I've got a vat of melted chocolately goodness over here?

13 comments:

SarahV said...

pound cake
chessmen cookies
johnny depp (did i just say that?!?!)

probably should stick w/ food :)

Julie said...

I LOVE Buckeyes! Feel free, should you have "extras", to send me some!

And I agree - EVERYTHING tastes better when it's covered in chocolate. Even ants. (Don't ask me how I know that...)

Shelly said...

julie--do people *really* eat chocolate covered ants? I thought that was folk lore!

and

my sarah--you're allowed to dip men in chocolate when you're pregnant--it's in the rule book =)

Anonymous said...

It sounds gross (as did the chocolate potato chips that are amazing!!!), but try chocolate covered buttery popcorn. Just like the chips, the salty/sweet combo is AMAZING! There is a candy store (Sariss) in PA, and they make both of these items. The first time I saw chocolate covered popcorn and chips, I thought EWWWWW... but the moment I tried them, they were totally divine. If I lived near there, I would weigh quadruple what I do now!

Brianne

Pamela said...

I thought you should dip men in chocolate if you wanted to *get* pregnant.

Megan and Company said...

Marshmallows

Full jars of peanut butter

spoonfuls of peanut butter

Julie said...

Well, let's just say that once when I was in college, I had a box of chocolate *turtles* that I opened, ate a couple. Then I closed the box and put it away.

A few days later, I got back into the box, ate one, grabbed another & took a bite, then saw an ant on the box. Upon further inspection, the remaining turtles in the box had been "attacked" by the ants, and were pretty much infested with them. Including the one I had bitten into and (I'm assuming) the one I'd already eaten.

So I'm pretty sure I ate ants, but they didn't taste bad...LOL

(The moral of this story is NEVER trust a cardboard box alone to protect your chocolate goodies...)

Devin said...

Um, I have no better ideas than what everyone else has said....

...I just want to come over to your house and eat chocolate I mean play.

Tote, Debby, Sammy and Caleb Jimenez said...

i recently used nilla wafers and they're really good. i froze the leftovers and they're even better frozen!

Ree said...

It all sounds delish!!
Even the chips! When I was little i used to put chips in my choc. ice cream--yummy!!
I've also have had choc. covered popcorn--yummy, as well!
Let me know how your buck-eyes come out and please do pass on the recipe!!

Sheri said...

O my gosh does that sound good!

I think I NEED chocolate!

THE CHRISTENSEN CHRONICLE said...

How about Bananas...pickles....berries...

mumameee said...

I need the recipe for buck eyes they look awesome....!! we don't have such delicious looking things like that here in Australia!!