Sunday, November 2, 2008

When Waxing Nostalgic About How *Big* My Big Girl Is Getting...

..and won't it be sad when she's really big and wears big girl clothes and goes to big girl school and doesn't want to play with us anymore and doesn't think we're cool and...
*sob
*sigh
*moan
Mr. Wonderful always has the answer,
"We'll just force her to be a gymnast so that she can be the size of a 10 year old forever."
Thanks honey--you always know how to make me feel better.
Better get to looking for intense gymnastics classes =)

6 comments:

Julie said...

That's funny in a demented sort of way. LOL!!!

JerseyGranny said...

Ah, the bittersweet moments of Motherhood. It is both a joy and a heartache to see our children grow and become more independent with each passing year, isn't it? First steps, first grade, first time away from home, then the first kiss when they find true love and leave home to make their own. But God gives us the strength to endure and let go when it's time...each time. I always thought I would just fade away into oblivion when my boys left home. That I would cease to be a "Mother"...not be needed anymore. But I am blessed beyond measure as our sons have been blessed with families of thier own. When Ryleigh makes her debut, we will be 15 souls. I feel needed, and it's a wonderful thing. My joy is full. I love you, Michelle, and pray the Lord's richest blessings on your life.

Pamela said...

So do you bind their feet and sit on them and give them a potion? Because I just moved HB to the Bottom Bunk today, and I think I needs me some of that Baby Shrinker Potion.

Megan and Company said...

Aww. See. I win. My kids will forever be little. ;)

charmed1 said...

I hate the fact that they grow up so quickly. But I'm a cool mom so I don't have to worry :)

Devin said...

HA! Now that's funny!