Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Baby Steps of Faith

Today while tucking Amelie in for nap she told me that she wanted to "live with Jesus in Heaven" She asked me how she could get there...what she would do with Jesus (play hide and seek) and wondered when she could see Him.
I explained to her that in order to see Jesus in Heaven we need to tell Him how thankful we are for all He has done for us. Apologize for not "listening and obeying" and tell Him how much we love Him and want to spend forever with Him in Heaven.
So, Amelie prayed (twice) to Jesus telling Him how much she loves Him and how she wants to listen and obey and is sorry for all of the times she was a "bad girl."
The baby steps of faith are so sweet.
Then she started talking about my little pony but once again before I left her room she asked to pray to Jesus to tell Him again, how much she loved Him and was thankful for Him and wanted to live with Him in Heaven.
I'm pretty sure I'm never going to forget those sweet moments!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing more satisfying than knowing that your children trust in Jesus!

Pamela said...

'tis so sweet to trust in Jesus...

My girl just came downstairs for an extra yogurt before bed and was singing "I've got the joy". Nicey nice.

Madre said...

Out of the mouth of babes....precious truths that many adults will never grasp. Praise the Lord for her love and desire to know Jesus - may her life inspire many to follow the Lord!

Devin said...

That is so special. I'm thankful that she has a mommy who is with her all the time to remind her of those truths!

JerseyGranny said...

Jesus said we must as little children to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matt. 18:2-5] Thank the Lord for Amels and her love for Jesus at a young age.