Thursday, November 6, 2008

Maeve and Her Nemesis Alternately Titled "She Ain't No Farm Girl"

Early on in Maeve's life she met her arch enemy.
Can you spot it?

Nestled in on Amelie's bed--the thing Maeve fears most in the world...

The Dreaded Fisher Price Cow Flash Light!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
I remember when Maeve was about 5 months old I was playing with her on the living room floor and pulled out the cow flash light and when it opened it's mouth and mooooooo came out--Maeve ran for the hills!
It was so bad at one point that merely seeing the cow flash light was enough to send her into fits of tears!
We've been working on her terror a little at a time and I am happy to report that,
except for some lingering shyness,
SHE HAS OVERCOME!
I wish I had videoed her when she was at the height of her terror...
but that would have been a little mean
(that and the camera was never handy).

5 comments:

Pamela said...

picking on the kids is fun.

Julie said...

Good, so I'm not the only one who teases with my kids!

Anonymous said...

Now I would have voted for the strange looking monkey on the left with the weird eyes. That would scare me!!

JerseyGranny said...

Poor Beacon! At least she's not afraid of Lucius anymore!

charmed1 said...

What is it with you and your family being afraid of farm animals?!?! ;)