Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Art of Folding Laundry

I picked up some laundry we had left at my in-law's home today and was happily surprised to find it folded.
I should amend that so say, perfectly folded--
you know, perfect creases, towels lined up like soldiers, or like ducks all in a row...
--the kind of folding I have NEVER had a knack for.
My Madre?
Excellent clothes folder.
My Grandmother?
She was the kind who could make fitted sheets stand at attention and humbly submit themselves into a perfectly folded square.
Even my husband!
Seriously, I used to make fun of him while we dated because he is so careful and neat!
(he folds his clothes like the Gap folds their shirts--he could open up a business called,
"Perfect Shirt Folders R US"
or something like that)
I am hopeless at folding laundry.
Absolutely hopeless.
Fortunately I can color-coordinate a closet like nobody's business
--it's the little things that bring me JOY.

7 comments:

charmed1 said...

I'm afraid that I couldn't let you anywhere near my laundry. I have a particular way that I fold things and it has to be that way. I have had my mom fold things a few times but she got fired because it wasn't right :) It is the little things isn't it? ;)

Melody said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I SUCK at folding laundry! And just like yours, my husband fold beautifully. It's really odd. He's the free-spirited artistic type, and I'm the annal-retentive type. It makes absolutely no sense!

Anonymous said...

You are the best color coordinator EVER!
- Hubby

JerseyGranny said...

Hi. My name is Karen and I love folding laundry...perfectly. There! I've said it...it's out now for the world to know!

Madre said...

Praise the LORD for a granny who not only lets you do laundry at her home, but gives you a little surprise bonus by folding!
p.s. I agree you are the best closet color coordinator EVER! love U

Anonymous said...

I think S needs his own blog :)

SarahV said...

i don't know how many times i've been showed how to fold a fitted sheet and i still can't do it. i hate those things.