Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ToysRQuestionable And A Published Author In The Family!

I was doing laundry at my in law's home and decided to flip through the Sunday circulars.

Much to Amelie's delight a lot of the big "toy books" were included in the pile so we perused them together.

I was disturbed when the 2 page spread featuring "learning toys" included 20 different types of electronic games.

Every heard of a book Toys R Us?

I know...featuring books would be more appropriate for Barnes and Noble but I still find it a little shocking.

As if the page entitled "learning toys" wasn't horrifying enough we kept flipping to the board game page.

Board games--innocuous, right?

Wrong!

There was a section featuring *PINK* board games--you know....old favorites but in a pink box so that you'll be tempted to buy one for your daughter.

And directly under a sweetly smiling face of a young girl were her favorite games including:

Ouija...but in pink of course...cause that makes it ok.

Want to take a look for yourself? I couldn't save pictures of the flyer but you can find it here.

***And for something completely different***

My Aunt Judy is now a published author!

And of all things, she wrote a sweet little learning book!


Way to go Aunt Judy!!!!!!!

Ok...enough of my overly dramatic soapbox...I'll trick Amelie into saying something cute so I have a happy post later =)

6 comments:

Pamela said...

I have an Aunt Judy, too. And she is the best ever. Not published, though, but still the best ever.

Sandy said...

Have you ever thought of writing/illustrating your own children's book?

BluSkies80 said...

we saw that same game as hg was flipping through! we both commented on it as well-crazy isn't it?

i checked out the book-looks like a buy for us=) you know, we just don't have enough books in this house=)

JerseyGranny said...

Congrats to your Aunt Judy!

Shelly said...

sandy--i've actually been planning on writing a children's book featuring the antics of my father--he belongs in the books! he is interesting to say the least =)

charmed1 said...

I bet she did that chicken book for you. We all know how much you love them ;)

I looked through the same ad but never noticed the headlines. I did see the pink ouija board and I wouldn't buy one of those things no matter what color it was! Never mess with a ouija board.