Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Things That Make You Go Meh...


Maeve had her 1 year check up at the doctors today!
And yes, we get shots so the checkups are a bit sad at the end but I like seeing how my babies are growing and of course, discussing with the Doctor how amazing they are.
Ht: 27 inches (5-10%)
Wt: 17.7 pounds (5%)
I was a little bummed that Maeve had only gained 6 ounces in the last 3 months! And before that she had only gained 1 pound in 3 months (Amelie at this age was 21!)
So, my Maeve is going to start drinking Pediasure for some extra calories and we'll see if she's bulked up at a weight check in a month.
I'm not worried about her--I actually think she's growing perfectly and her weight/height are in perfect proportion so, I think she's just tapered off and is going to be on the smaller side, but, we'll humor the Doctor and go back to keep an eye on things.
We waited 50 minutes today for our appt--ugh.
Maeve was a champ and lived through it and the 9 million kids in the waiting room who were sick and sharing our same air--let's hope this well check doesn't end up in a sick visit--who ever heard of a pediatrician with only ONE waiting room?
Ok, ok...done ranting.
ON a brighter note--I went to the Treehouse Coffee Shop with friends today and drank a Cafe Mocha that was TDF!!! Must go back...and Soon!
Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Julie said...

She's just a sweet little peanut! She looks healthy, and I wouldn't be concerned about her. It seems as though she's happy and healthy, and that's what matters most. Our Puckey isn't terribly short, but she is very lean (which makes it incredibly hard to find pants that fit her). I will, of course, keep you guys in my prayers for just enough growth to keep the doctor happy...LOL

My ped. office has two waiting rooms, but the one is only for the extremely sick, possibly highly contagious kids (I had to use the "side door" into that one once...I was petrified). They do try to schedule the healthy kids in the AM and the sick ones in the afternoon if they can though. (Although to me it would make more sense to let the little sick babies in first, but the staff doesn't want to have to sterilize the waiting room at mid-day I guess).

M is just too cute!

Megan and Company said...

I wish they had a well/sick room too!!

As for weight.. Leah weighs less.... Maeve is perfectly precious! I wonder how she'll like the Pedia?