Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pleasantly Surprised That I Haven't Lost My Mind (Yet...)

I ordered some shoes for Amelie from Children's Place online and they finally came!

Imagine my surprise when there were two large boxes from children's place on the porch--

"they shipped them separately..."

i figured...

lo and behold I opened a box and instead of shoes TWO silver holiday outfits waited inside:

frantically I ripped through the packaging--

you see, when I window shop, sometimes I place things in my online basket and I thought that I had mistakenly placed the silver outfits (which I can NOT afford) in the cart with the clearance shoes for Amelie (which I can barely afford AND now have to return because they don't fit).

I scrounged up the packing slip and breathed a DEEP and satisfying sigh of relief when I found the message:

"Merry Christmas! Love Granny and Pop Pop of the East"

Wow....That was a close one!

Granny and Pop-pop--the girls will look totally awesome in their christmas dresses!

Yay and THANK YOU!!!

6 comments:

Ree said...

That's awesome!! They are the best surprises!! And those are adorable
outfits!!!

Emily said...

Phew- thank goodness for Granny and Pop-pop!

Julie said...

What a great surprise!!

Sorry the shoes didn't fit...that's always a bummer.

charmed1 said...

Gotta love the g-parents!

Devin said...

Wow! Awesome. Grandparents are the best!

as told by: Korleen said...

Cute! Did you see the Red and black polka dot skirt at Children's place? i love that one....i'm trying to hold myself back from buying it. i think it might be a good thing that we don't live closer to each other. I think that we'd be horrible influences on each other's clothing budget.