Friday, October 10, 2008

The Music Man

I'm married to the music man.

Didn't you know?

I got to thinking about this because of Bible study yesterday--

the women were sharing ways that we can fit extra snippets of the Word into our lives--

through memorization, verses written out around the house etc.

I didn't share out loud because I didn't think I had anything relevant to add but the more I thought about my little family and our sweet life together, it occurred to me:

Our home is chock full of music!

We are always singing together-

-songs about the Lord, serving Him, praising Him,

(not to mention songs about anything we're doing at any given minute--like, folding the laundry, doing the dishes, disciplining Amelie, singing the babies to sleep, driving in the car, everything and anything is game)

It is a special blessing to always have the ability to worship the Lord through song--it's easy, doesn't take preparation and always puts us in a better frame of mind.

So next time you think,

"Gee, I don't have time to dive into the Bible right now."

Try singing a praise song and thinking of the Wonderfuls will just be an added bonus =)

No comments: