Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dreams Can Come True...It Can Happen To You....If You're Young At Heart

Today as I was color coordinating my daughter's closet for the 3rd time in a month I started thinking about life.

(Profound, isn't it?)

Anyways, I decided that if I could start any business--

the business of my dreams would be--

to organize, clean, and de-clutter other people's homes.

When I was younger (and child-free) upon every visit to my parent's house, every college break or high school vacation day, I would spend hours organizing the cupboards, sorting bathroom cabinets, rearranging, hanging and neat-en-ing my parents' closets, dressers and closets.

I find that organizing other's things is much more fun and exciting than organizing my own.

So someday, if I start a business, you'll all have a heads up.

I like to make sure you're in "the know" and all =)

9 comments:

charmed1 said...

I Love the idea. I've thought of that myself. We could be partners!

JerseyGranny said...

Go for it!

Julie said...

I SO could be your first client. I'd keep you busy for WEEKS.

Something I find funny about myself is that I manage to color-coordinate my husband's shirts on his side of our "closet" (it's really not a closet, but that's a whole other story), and have them sorted by sleeve length, shirt style (dressy, casual, work), but my side of the closet is a disaster. Weird, I know.

Clarks N Idaho said...

Dear Shelly,
I just love your blog about you and your family. I love how you are just brutally honest. I wake up each morning and can't wait to see what Shelly is up to. You have such a wonderful family, and your love for God has brought me closer. Because, I'm not perfect. Wishing you the best. If you want to organize and go on a little girls trip come over to Meridian, ID.

Jodyjonidaho

Shelly said...

ah! such encouraging comments and an invitation to Idaho--my heart is full and happy =)

Pamela said...

We only did the first floor when my SIL was here. There's lots, lots more...and my house would involve a trip upstate.

SarahV said...

i remember when i came out one time to see you at your parents , you organized their bathroom closet. and i thought it was weird and hilarious. you're my favorite :)

Anonymous said...

Come on over... our address is 101 *** You just keep going past Cedarville on I-70... I'll make pancakes, strawberry shortcake, anything you walk :O)

Tote, Debby, Sammy and Caleb Jimenez said...

I was just thinking the other day that I wish I knew someone who was a professional organizer! Unfortunately if you were to come to my house you wouldn't even make it out of SJ or CC for that matter! That's no fun!! =)