Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Random Childhood Memory

I was fixing my hair this morning and was transported mentally (something that happens ALL the time, ha!) back to a bunk mate at summer camp many many many moons ago...
I don't remember the girl's name, but every single morning I remembered that she would wake up and instantly start fixing her hair--
not by brushing it
not by combing it
not by washing it
but by hair spraying it and
scrunch
scrunch
scrunching
spray
spray
spray
spraying
This went on for half an hour every morning--every single day (did she ever wash it? I don't recall)
The thing is, she was beautiful--extremely beautiful
(especially compared with 12 year old awkward as all heck shelly)
but I found her morning routine horrifying!
(her parents must have had stock in a hairspray company!! aerosal, of course!)
A few years after the fact, I ran into hair girl again and I had to ask if she still fixed her hair the same way--she told me she didn't and I shared with her how I remembered that about her and do you want to know what she remembered about me?
"Well, you're the girl who used to dump Nerds on the bed and suck them up like a vacuum cleaner with your mouth."
And that my friends, is why they say, curiosity killed the cat.
The end.

4 comments:

Sarah - Roots and Wings said...

Oh my stinkin' word! I think I just peed my pants!! (ok, I didn't really, but it was touch and go there for a minute)

Pamela said...

We (this would be my brothers and I) used to put them in our palms and pick up one at a time with the tips of our tongues.

It just goes to show: everybody's weird.

charmed1 said...

Maybe it was that girl that was weird. Who doesn't eat Nerds that way??? :)

SarahV said...

you wiki-ed nerds. ha!!! i love it.