Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Favorite Kind of Sailing--Yard Sailing (Har Har)

Today was the HH town yard sale.
Town yard sales ROCK.
We got some amazing arm fulls of .50 clothing brand new with tags.
It's all superfluous of course, but new clothes with new tags for .50 makes my heart go pitter pat!
We also found some fun princess paraphernalia which made the noisy one happy.
{She's a dream when she's high on princess paraphernalia.}
The sale across the street put everything they didn't sell on the curb so we also scored a brand new portable baby booster seat.
Awesome-o.
******************************************
And on a totally unrelated note, I went to the movies with my pal Amy today--
yay for movies and pals and the tissues I stuffed into my purse because Nights of Rodanthe is not all rose colored glasses.
******************************************
On another totally unrelated note it is wonder-full to have family in the area.
I like it.
A lot.
Fin.

4 comments:

BluSkies80 said...

so i'm thinking flash of genius has to have a happy outcome-we'll have to go see=) thanks for a great afternoon!

oh and YAY for yardsales-they are the BEST!

Pamela said...

So was it worth the trip to the movies? I've been feeling like seeing a theatre movie lately. Is there a review coming on?

Shelly said...

pamela--i think ANY trip to the theatre is worth making--esp. when it doesn't involve toddlers and sweet little babies. I wasn't emotionally prepared for how intense the ending of the movie would be but otherwise enjoyed it. there's my succinct and vague review =)

Ree said...

Nicholas Sparks is my FAV author!! Although, the movies are a bit different from his books (fyi-I've read them all!!) they are just as great!! Can't wait to to see NIR!!